- Prepare the crust as per recipe alternatives and place into your oven.
- Place Ener-G Egg replacer into a bowl. Mix with the orange juice.
- Add Marion’s lemon filling, mix first at low speed for 30 seconds then at high speed until evenly blended.
- Add apple sauce and mix until blended. We suggest 1/2 cup but you may use a little less or more as you prefer.
- Add lemon juice and mix for a few seconds until blended.
- Test sweetness. You may wish to add a small amount of sugar or sweetener.
- Take crust from oven when cooked. Let sit for one minute.
- Pour filling gently into curst and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. The baking time for this alternative may take a bit longer. Check after 20 minutes.
Nutritional information for (1/8 of recipe) this lemon bar baked using 1/3 cup (75 ml) olive oil for the crust. Calories 202, Carbohydrate 31 grams, Sugar 14 grams, Protein 1 gram, Fat 9 grams, Sodium 41 grams. Diabetes exchanges: 2 Carbohydrates, 1 ½ Fats.
If 16 servings are made from the recipe instead of 8 servings, you can have a delightful 100 calorie snack with 0 cholesterol and heart healthy fats!