What You Need:
- 1 Marion's GF Cookie & Muffin Mix
- 1 large egg
- 7 tablespoons of olive oil (alternatively 7 tablespoons room temperature unsalted butter or margarine)
- 1 teaspoon low sodium baking powder (Optional: Can use regular baking powder)
- 12 inch pie pan or round Springform pan for easier tart removal. If you choose a smaller baking pan you have dough remaining for 2 extra mini pies.
- 8 oz Plain Greek Yogurt
- ⅛ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 medium size apples
- ¼ cup of packed seedless raisins
- Optional: Replace apples with other sliced fruit, such as pears, and leave out raisins. Add 1-2 tablespoons of your favorite sweetener.
- Spray or grease your baking pan with GF spray, butter or oil.
- Place Marion's Cookie and Muffin mix in a bowl; add baking powder and mix with whisk.
- Add oil and, egg, mix quickly either by hand or with a kneading mixer attachment until evenly blended.
- Spread dough in the baking pan in a thin, 1/4-inch layer. Push dough up very slightly at the edge creating a slight lip to help hold the filling ingredients. If you have enough dough remaining you can bake 1-2 additional mini-pies.
Filling and Baking
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel and cut apple in slices and sprinkle with lemon juice if you decide apples are not tart enough.
- Place Greek yogurt, egg, pinch of salt and spices in bowl. Mix at low speed and then high for 15 seconds each. Taste test so see whether you would want some additional sweetener of your preference. The yogurt mixture will thicken during baking.
- Spread cream mixture on top of the tart. Place apple slices and raisins on top. One option is to place one apple slice at a time in a linear pattern by placing the apple pieces on top of the filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown on top and crust starts loosening on sides or baking plan. Baking time will be about 35- 45 minutes depending on size of oven and size of baking pan.
- Take tart from oven. Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from baking pan. Once cooled, you may sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar or decorate with extra fruit.
Yield: 12 large tart slices
Nutritional information (1 of 12 slices of large tart): Calories 196, Carbohydrate 27g, Sugar 11g, Protein 4g, Fat 9g, Fiber 2g, Sodium 56mg, Vitamin A 0 %, Vitamin C 2 %, Calcium 6 %, Iron 4 %.
Diabetes exchanges: 2 Carbohydrates, 1.5 Fats. Percent Daily Values is based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Nutritional information (1 of 12 large tart without raisins, fiber decreases): Calories 185 , Carbohydrate 24g, Sugar 9g, Protein 4g, Fat 9g, Fiber 1g, Sodium 56 mg, Vitamin A 0 %, Vitamin C 2 %, Calcium 4 %, Iron 4 %.
Diabetes exchanges: 1.5 Carbohydrates, 1.5 Fats. Percent Daily Values is based on a 2000 calorie diet.