What You Need:
- 1 Marion's GF Cookie & Muffin Mix
- 1 jumbo egg
- 1 stick of room temperature unsalted butter
- 1 ½ tablespoons of reduced sodium baking powder
- 1 cup of unsweetened apple sauce
- 2/3 cup of white chocolate chips (Chipits white chocolate chips were used in the analysis)
- 1 cup of mixed fresh or unsweetened frozen berries(1/3 cup frozen cranberries, 1/3 cup frozen raspberries and 1/3 cup frozen wild blueberries were used in the analysis)
- Optional: a pinch or 2 of cinnamon or 2-3 tablespoons of your favorite sweetener
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut butter in small pieces.
- Line baking pan with paper cups or spray with GF baking spray.
- Measure 1 cup of mixed berries. If fresh wash and let dry for a few minutes. If using frozen berries, place them into your freezer after measuring. Dough will discolor slightly unless you fold in the frozen berries shortly before baking.
- Place Marion's Smart Delight mixes in a bowl; add baking powder and mix with whisk.
- Add egg and butter.
- Mix for (with electric mixer) 10 seconds at low speed and 1-2 minutes at high speed.
- Add apple sauce, mix well.
- If you like your baked goods sweeter, add you optional favorite sweetener at this time.
- Fold in white chocolate chips.
- Fold in mixed berries.
- Using a spoon or medium size ice cream scoop, fill baking cups.
- Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes for large muffins. For mini muffins, test with a toothpick after 14 minutes.
Nutritional information (1 of 12 large muffins): Calories 198, Carbohydrate 27 grams, Sugar 10 grams, Protein 2 grams, Fat 10 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Sodium 53 milligrams. Diabetes exchanges: 2 Carbohydrates, 1 1/2 Fats.
If you make 24 mini-muffins, each muffin will be less than 100 calories! What a wonderful delicious, delightful, eye-appealing snack for a 3 o'clock coffee break! You will also be able to share with 23 of your closest friends or freeze them and snack at your convenience!